Pneumatic conveying for handling food powders
RGS manufactures and designs pneumatic conveying systems for leading companies in the food industry.
The customer needs to automate the powder loading and mixing process as much as possible, both to increase the productivity of the production lines and to relieve the operator of heavy tasks such as manual handling of 20kg bags.
These time-consuming operations for operators to carry out with due precision and causes dust to be release into the air.
THE INSTALLATION OF THE PNEUMATIC CONVEYING SYSTEM ALLOWED TO OBTAIN:
- Considerable increase in productivity
- Automation of weighing, dosing and mixer filling operations
- Achieving of high dosing accuracies (0.5% on a 100kg batch, transferred in 90 seconds)
- Implementation of a closed pneumatic conveying circuit that eliminates leaks and powder dispersion, isolating the product inside the pipes and preserving its integrity and composition
- Hygienic design that ensures the reduction of cross-contamination and shortens the time needed for internal machine cleaning.
The configuration of the plant considers the use of four big-bag emptying stations, each equipped with dosing devices, and from four buffer hoppers installed on the vertical on the mixers.
With our pneumatic conveyors we guarantee high standards of cleanliness and hygiene, ease of use and maintenance, and protection of workers’ health.